Welcome to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, it’s all here® for every family to enjoy. If it’s a family vacation you are after you’ll find plenty of diverse things to do in Massachusetts. On your next family visit, with so many things to do leave plenty of time for fun! Here is just a small sample of some of the things your family might enjoy in Massachusetts:
- The Dept. of Conservation and Recreation presents “Park Passport“, a program encouraging all families to visit parks statewide in an effort to fill their passport with stamps from all the parks for prizes.
- New England’s largest theme park is Six Flags New England which is not far from the gay enclave of Northampton.
- Take the whole family back in time at Sturbridge Village where they re-create an 1830’s rural New England settlement or experience life as it was, south of Boston at the Plimouth Plantation.
- From science to art and history to music, Massachusetts has some of the best museums in the world that offer educational, informative and unique topics.
- Salem Willows features a seaside promenade and amusement park with arcade games, children’s rides and a harbor cruise.
- No matter what the weather is outside it’ll feel like summer at Coco Key Indoor Water Park.
- On Martha’s Vineyard, the Flying Horses Carousel, the oldest in the nation, delights young children.
- Stop at one of the many farm stands or “pick your own” orchards across the state to bring home strawberries, peaches, apples or pumpkins.
- If your kids love the water, the Cape is full of family fun beaches, where kids are the norm and not the exception.
When you want a family fun activity you’ll find it in Massachusetts for every family to enjoy.